Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Center for Bioethics & Social Sciences in Medicine, University of Michigan
JD/MBioethics University of Pennsylvania
BA Middlebury College
At U-M she serves as Chair of the Research Ethics Committee, the ethicist on the Michigan Medicine Human Data and Biospecimen Release Committee, and a clinical ethicist. She is also on the Board of Directors for the American Society for Bioethics & Humanities.
Spector received her JD and M.Bioethics from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and School of Medicine, respectively, after graduating from Middlebury College. She completed a research fellowship in bioethics at Michigan Medicine. She is also a former practicing drug and device attorney and was Associate Director of the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues under President Obama (2010-2015).
Data science / Analytics / AI | Genetics / Genomics / other OMICS | Health disparities | Health services research | Public policy and social science | Sensors and Wearables
- Reporting falsified data: New proposed rule from FDA to ensure data validity
- "Something of an adventure": Postwar NIH research Ethos and the Guatemala STD experiments
- Consent for the Pelvic Examination under Anesthesia by Medical Students: Recommendations by the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Co-investigator of: Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research (MICHR)
- Co-investigator of: The Lifecycle of Health Data: Polices and Practices
- Principal investigator of: Genetic data partnerships: Enabling equitable access within academic/private data sharing agreements