Salim Hayek, MD
He moved to Ann Arbor in 2018 to join the University of Michigan Frankel Cardiovascular Center where he is expanding the Cardio-Oncology clinic focusing on the cardiovascular health of cancer patients, extending from prevention to treatment of cardiac side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy. He is the current Medical Director of the University of Michigan, Frankel Cardiovascular Center Clinics. Leveraging the University of Michigan vast research infrastructure, he continues to pursue state of the art research in predicting the risk of heart disease.
Dr. Hayek is passionate about ensuring his patients understand the challenges they are going through, taking his time in explaining the intricacies of diseases and their management. His mantra is to ensure patients are involved in and fully understand recommendations and decisions regarding their care. During clinic visits he focuses on prevention; devising personalized strategies for each patient to maximize their quality of life and promote heart health.
Cohort Development Faculty Lead
Hospital Medicine | cardiovascular diseases
- Multiparametric assessment of post-transcatheter aortic valve replacement paravalvular regurgitation grading by transthoracic echocardiography and cardiac magnetic resonance
- NOT ALL AMYLOIDOSIS IN CANCER IS AL AMYLOIDOSIS: A CASE OF ATTR AMYLOIDOSIS IN A PATIENT WITH WALDENSTROM'S MACROGLOBULINEMIA
- P5479Educational attainment is an independent predictor of adverse outcomes in patients with coronary artery disease
- Co-investigator of: UM MTRAC Hub for Life Science Innovation Hub (UM-MTRAC Hub)
- Co-investigator of: Michigan Center for Contextual Factors in Alzheimer's Disease (MCCFAD)
- Principal investigator of: CD40 Autoanitbody and FSGS Recurrence