PhD, Purdue University
MS, National Cheng Kung University
BS, National Cheng Kung University
Professor Shih is an ASME and SME Fellow and the recipient of 1999 ASME BOSS Award, 2000 NSFCAREER Award, 2004 SAE Ralph Teetor Education Award, and a 2009 Fulbright Scholar. He is the associate editor of the SME Journal of Manufacturing Processes and was the associate editor of ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering and served as the guest editor for the special issue of Biomedical Manufacturing. He also served on the Board of Directors and Scientific Committee of NAMRI/SME and the review committee of the International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture. He has five US patents and over 230 publications, including over 130 journal papers.
Digital design manufacturting and learning of assistive devices
Biomechanics | Diabetes and management | Health Analytics | technology
- Development and validation of a pressure-type automated quantitative sensory testing system for point-of-care pain assessment
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling of the Burr Orbital Motion in Rotational Atherectomy with Particle Image Velocimetry Validation.
- An experimental study and finite element modeling of head and neck cooling for brain hypothermia
- Principal investigator of: Diesel Exhaust Filter Temperature Measurement and Cost-Effective Machining of Titanium Alloys
- Co-investigator of: Rapid, Ultra Precision Direct Metal Deposition Technology
- Principal investigator of: Induction-Heat Tool for Machining of Elastomers